Tuesday, May 3, 2016

EME 2040 Reflection

I am proud to say that throughout the EME 2040 class I have learned how to use numerous tools that will aid me in my future career as a teacher. The class has taught me how to stay relevant with modern technology changing so quickly.

As far as tools and projects for the class, I really enjoyed them. The textbook was clear and concise so I didn't feel like I was given any excess information that I didn't need to know. Everything inside the text was clear and relevant to what we were learning in the class. It also helped out very much by providing clear examples of how the subjects are present in modern day classrooms. As far as the projects go, they were great and very creative. They also made me feel like I was putting something together for my own classroom, especially the lesson plan. I also really enjoyed to creation of our own webpage in the portfolio assignment. You can access the portfolio by clicking here.

Although I did like many of the assignments. I prefer working individually, so there were a few assignments that could have gone much more smoothly had I been able to just do them myself. That is on me though, not the class. I also know that I could have done much better in the course if I had set the proper amount of time aside to work on the assignments. Once again, that's my fault as I have a tendency not to perform well in online classes. The only other thing I found difficult was the portfolio because I struggled to find the right perspective to write from. Mostly it was the switching from student to pretending to be a teacher. Other than that the assignment was very fun to complete. In addition, I struggled with this blogging website, not because of the posts as assignments, just the website because it would constantly cause a pop up saying I had logged in from a different location, when I had not. I would have much preferred using wordpress.

As far as learning outcomes, I definitely think the course helped with my critical thinking skills which were necessary to analyze the text and write blog posts on the three terms we chose. This also helped me to provide unique examples for these terms. The course also helped me to reflect on the ways technology can support managing a classroom throughout the numerous projects we completed. All of these projects can be accessed through my teacher web page project.

Works Cited

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment